Wednesday, January 27, 2010

UG4 Studioblocs_System Drawing


Here is the final system drawing of all the 12 studioblocks. I try to draw this system in a more abstract way, more like a testing between meaning and feeling which are the two conflict parts I kept struggling when I drew the drawing.

Although this is not so much a clear, legible drawing, I still like the intertwining aspect of it as it collapses surface, movement and connection at the same time with working trace. This intertwining situation, I believed, is what infrastructure always has to face. It actually means, it cannot be taken apart: one subtle move of a small gear will lead to a change to the whole machine. This might be the very substantial inner force that shapes, nurses and raises infrastructure.

No comments:

Post a Comment